Mining, Energy, Oil & Gas Industry Translation Needs
Rather few global industries are as critical as our energy and power technologies. Ensuring the world has adequate power is more than a modern convenience; nowadays, it has become life- and lifestyle- sustaining. Our scientific, medical, communications and transportation infrastructures depend on reliable and uninterrupted power supplies.
Energy production technologies have expanded to various renewable and non-traditional sources. Still, most of the world remains reliant on mining coal, drilling for oil and pumping natural gas (fossil-based fuels).
Why do we need professional translation services for our oil and gas industry content and communications?
The oil and gas industries are rapidly expanding globally. Historically, there were only a handful of countries in the Middle East as well as the USA and Russia that were known for supplying the world’s fossil fuels. Now there are new supply locations across the globe, on every continent. Countries like Canada, China, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, Nigeria, Angola and even Norway have joined the ranks as the world’s top oil producers.
This globalisation of mining and energy exporting requires impeccable communication throughout the supply chain from production to distribution. Logically, the demand for professional translation services in the energy, mining, oil and gas industries has increased exponentially.
When do we need professional translating services in the energy industry?
Here are just a few of the main operational stages that will require professional translation services in the energy, mining, oil and gas industries. Clearly, all communication among differing native language speakers should ideally be professionally translated to guarantee complete understanding. Contracting a professional language service provider mitigates the many risks inherent in miscommunications for these industries.
- Planning & Negotiations: All business deals require numerous interactions between multiple parties to produce a product for sale and distribution. These parties are often spread throughout the world. Ensuring accurate communication and thorough comprehension of all the contractual details is critical in the oil and gas industry. The scale of operations and size of the financial transactions is simply too large to risk miscommunications.
- Project Management: Sourcing, transporting and selling natural resources worldwide involves a series of steps that need to be managed. Project managers are responsible for each stage of infrastructure construction and maintenance, transportation and distribution. Excellent communication between all stakeholders is the only way to make sure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Compliance Reporting: Obviously, the power supply industries are highly regulated. Industry standards and best practices exist, but national and local governments also require compliance with the legislation to protect its citizens and the environment. The complex requirements can be difficult to understand and comply with when written in multiple languages across geographic borders. Having a team of professional translators who are also industry subject matter experts, fluent in the languages the requirements are written in, is imperative for producing compliant materials and reports.
- Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS or HSE) Planning: Beyond basic compliance with mandatory regulations, the power industries have a responsibility to protect the earth and every person in contact with their operations. Plans and procedures need to be in place to prepare for any and all unexpected situations. These communications must be understood by everyone who reads them. Therefore, providing these plans in every language your employees and partners speak is very important!
What are some examples of oil and gas industry translation projects?
Again, it is impossible to provide a comprehensive list, as all communications across languages should be professionally translated to safeguard understanding by the reader.
- Legal Documents: Patents, Contracts
- Engineering Documentation: Geotech Analysis, Land Surveys, Technical Specifications, CAD drawings, Schematics, Electrical One Line Drawings
- Construction/Project Management/Maintenance: Schedules, Budgets, Plans, Equipment Manuals
- Vendor, Subcontractor & Customer Negotiations: Requests for Quotes/Proposals (RFPs or RFQs), Quotes, Proposals
- Human Resources: Recruitment and Management of personnel
- Marketing Content: Print and Online Materials
- Quality Control: Policies & Procedures
- Employee Training: Videos, Presentations and User Manuals
- Health & Safety: EHS or HSE Plans and Reports
- Government Compliance: Permits and Reporting
- General: Any important communication among differing native language speakers
Our energy industry experts are available 24/7 to assist with your translation projects. Let’s get started; contact us today!