How to Find a Reliable Charity Translations Service
Charity organisations have expanded their work overseas to help those in need. With this expansion comes the need for charity translations whereas organisations are looking to receive donations from across the globe, improve your funding prospects, and begin to change the world! However, charity translations must be done by a professional charity translator. Only expert linguists can produce accurate content while maintaining sensitivity to the discussed issues.
As the economy has become increasingly globalised, the language services sector has expanded rapidly. There are now many professional agencies offering charity translations to non-profits worldwide. With so many options available, how can you find a reliable partner to work with? Here are four considerations to help you find the best charity translator service.
Accurate Charity Translations
Your charity documents are essential to your mission. Charity works are primarily done in other countries, making the charity sector an in-demand translation service; you can bring respite and comfort to even more people with accurately translated material. With this in mind, your goal should be to find a charity translator that can deliver accurate translations every time.
Two main factors can help improve the accuracy of your charity translations: qualifications and experience and access to translation technology.
- Qualifications and Experience: Professional translators should pass a stringent translation test before being employed by their agency. Moreover, they should have at least five years of experience and a degree in translation. Holding memberships for translation associations – such as the Association of Translation Companies (ATC) – also helps keep your charity translator accountable for their accuracy.
- Technology: Innovative translation technologies can also help your language partner create the most accurate charity translations every time. CAT software such as SDL Trados is critical to success. These tools store translated words and phrases your human translator can accept or reject, helping to maintain consistency throughout all your charity documents. This is especially crucial for maintaining accuracy and branding throughout large projects.
These requirements help ensure you get the most accurate results when you translate charity materials. In turn, you form a better connection with multicultural audiences and can cultivate more momentum towards your mission.
TEP Translation Process
All professional charity translations should use a process called TEP, which is known for ensuring consistent, high-quality results. TEP stands for translation, editing, and proofreading.
- Translation: During the translation step, your charity translator adapts your charity documents from one language to another. Reliable agencies can translate charity documents into all languages, whether English to Amharic, English to Arabic or English to French.
- Editing: The editing phase is where your linguist ensures that the document is accurately translated into the target language. A few changes might also be made due to cultural errors, better aligning your content to resonate and connect with your new market.
- Proofreading: The last step is the proofreading phase, where your translator will work to ensure that there are no spelling or grammatical errors in your document. After this, your professional charity translations will be delivered, ready to distribute to international markets.
Cost-Effective Charity Translations
If you are running a nonprofit or a charity, spending money is the last thing you want to think about. Your main goal is to raise funds so that you can help people in need. Initially, paying for professional charity translations may seem a little counter-productive. However, you can connect with and help even more people once you translate charity documents and materials.
Nevertheless, you’ll want to find a charity translator service for a competitive price without sacrificing quality. Many leading agencies offer generous discounts if you stay with them long-term. Likewise, you may receive additional discounts if your professional charity translation project is large. Always ask the agency for a quote upfront so you can plan your charity budget accordingly.
Types of Charity Documents
As a charitable organisation, you may find yourself needing to translate several types of documents. Reliable charity translator providers can handle them all. You may need to translate charity reports, press releases, or financial statements. Or you may need marketing materials translated, such as brochures, social media content, or website localisation.
Whatever the case, a trusted language partner can help with all your professional translation needs. The best agencies have specialised linguists offering different services and focusing on specific multimedia formats. Check for these areas of expertise, as it ensures your charity translations are professional and captivating.
Renaissance Translations’ Charity Translations
Renaissance Translations are a leading translation agency offering reliable charity translator services. We have already helped many global charities and non-profits take their causes overseas. Some of our well-known clients include UNICEF, UNDP, UNESCO, International Disability Alliance, and Islamic Relief. Join them and trust us with your charity translations.
If you’d like us to translate charity documents and materials to help fight your cause, don’t hesitate to contact our team. One of our project managers will be in touch to offer a competitive quote and discuss your goals and mission.