A Guide To Accurate Translation
What is Accurate Translation Used For?
To understand why translation accuracy is so important, let’s first look at the services where accurate translation is required.
- Translation Services: Translation services are one accurate translation example. Businesses that want to expand globally will need accurate translation services for several materials such as text in ads, brochures, websites, apps and more. The most accurate translator will ensure that your campaigns and platforms are available in a variety of languages.
- Proofreading: Proofreading is essential before making any piece of content available to the public. However, it is especially important if that piece requires translation into another language. You will want a native speaking most accurate translator to provide accurate translation services prior to distributing your materials.
- Audio Transcription: Audio transcription refers to the transcription of any audio file. It can include audio files that require translation from one language to another. Accurate translation services are essential for these purposes.
- Video Subtitling: Another accurate translation example is video subtitling. Video subtitling is necessary if you want to make a video available to people in a country that doesn’t speak the same language of the video. Translation accuracy will help you get the point of the media across.
- Transcreation: When translating content word for word, it can sound awkward and stiff. It may not capture innuendos, a sense of humour and other factors that are difficult to convey in another language. Transcreation ensures the translation carries the same feeling and tone as well as the desired message of the original content. Translation accuracy is necessary for the process.
Why Accurate Translation is So Important
Now, let’s look at the examples above to determine why translation accuracy is so important. Indeed, translation accuracy can be the difference between business success and failure. Many businesses count on translation accuracy to cater to global markets. In other words, if businesses want to expand, they will have to make their materials accessible to people in other countries who speak different languages. If they don’t use the most accurate translator, people may not understand what their business has to offer.
But more than that, the lack of accurate translation services can lead to embarrassing mistakes. Often, a company’s name or messages will translate to something that doesn’t have the intended meaning and can even be seen as offensive or off-putting. Translation accuracy ensures you will protect your reputation no matter what markets you are trying to reach.
Moreover, inaccurate translation can happen in legal and financial ramifications. If you send the wrong message to someone due to inaccurate translation, it can have financial and legal ramifications. For example, if you are trying to send a message about the economy, the wrong wording could send stocks tumbling. If you work in the legal field, using the wrong wording can lead to the wrong charges and incorrect sentences.
How to Assess Translation Accuracy
If you are looking for an accurate translation example, here are a few things to look out for:
- The wording should effectively communicate the original meaning of the content.
- The target text should be free of grammatical errors.
- The text should use proper conventions for measurements, dates, and addresses.
- The translation should carry the style of the source material.
- The text should reflect appropriate and modern uses of the language.
- If a glossary is included, it should adhere to all terminology set forth in the glossary.
- The translation should take the culture of the language into consideration.
- The accurate translation example should meet all client specifications.
Our Translation Agency is a Full-service Agency
Renaissance Translations offers accurate translation services in all languages and subject fields. Our services include translation, proofreading, localisation, audio transcription, video subtitling, transcreation and more. Contact us today to ensure you always make a great impression, domestically, overseas, and everywhere in between.