These Terms set out the terms under which Services are sold and provided by Us to customers through this website, (“Our Site”). Please read these Terms carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Services from Our Site.
These Terms are for our business customers only. If you a consumer (i.e. that you are not asking for our services in the course of a business, trade or profession) then please contact us as different terms will apply.
Use of our Services signifies your acceptance and agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms, you will not be able to order Services from Us.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“Contract” means a contract for the purchase and sale of Our Services;
“Data Protection Legislation” means 1) unless and until EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations, and secondary legislation (as amended from time to time), in the UK and subsequently 2) any legislation which succeeds the GDPR;
“Order” means your order for the Services;
“Order Confirmation” means Our acceptance and confirmation of your Order;
“Order Number” means the reference number for your Order;
“Quote” means the quotation we will send you after you have submitted your Order, setting out the Services to be completed, the fees payable for the Services and any specific delivery dates.
“Services” means the services which are to be provided by Us to you as specified in your Order and Our Quote (and confirmed in Our Order Confirmation);
“Terms” means the terms and conditions set out in this agreement; and
“We/Us/Our” means Renaissance Translations Limited, a company registered in England under Company Number 07472408 whose main trading address is Suite 3-17, Universal Square, Devonshire Street North, Manchester M12 6JH United Kingdom.
- Information About Us
- Our Site, https://renaissance-translations.com/ is owned and operated by Renaissance Translations Limited.
- Our VAT number is 222 944 612.
- You can contact us by
- Writing to us at Suite 3-17, Universal Square, Devonshire Street North, Manchester M12 6JH United Kingdom.
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Telephoning us on +44 (0)161 818 2121 between 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank and Public Holidays);
- Using our contact page at https://renaissance-translations.com//contact/
- Access to and Use of Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- You must be over the age of 18 to request our Services.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Business Customers
- These Terms apply to both our business consumer only.
- These Terms, together with any other terms referenced herein that are applicable to the Services ordered, constitute the entire agreement between Us and you with respect to your purchase of Services from Us. You acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, representation, warranty, assurance, or promise made by or on behalf of Us that is not set out or otherwise referred to in these Terms and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based upon any statement herein.
- International Customers
Although our Site is directed at the UK, Our Services are available to customers outside of the UK.
- Services, Pricing and Availability
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all general descriptions of the Services available from Us correspond to the actual Services that will be provided to you, however, please note that the exact nature of the Services may vary depending upon your individual requirements and circumstances.
- Please note that sub-Clause 6.1 does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not to different Services altogether.
- We shall outline in the Quote the time-frame for delivering the Services but, unless we have agreed a specific date (i.e. for urgent work) then time is not of the essence.
- We neither represent nor warrant that all Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming your Order. Time-frame indications for completing Our Services may be provided on Our Site, however, these are for guidance only and the time-frames required to complete an Order is wholly dependent upon the Services being requested.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Quote are correct but these are based solely upon the information submitted to Us by you and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have provided Us with all relevant information required.
- Where a Quote is provided for translation Services, the price is calculated based on the word count of the original document supplied to Us, the subject complexity, the text type and the language.
- We reserve the right to change, alter or remove special offers on Our Site from time to time and as necessary.
- In the unlikely event that We have stated an incorrect price on a Quote, We will contact you in writing before proceeding with your Order to inform you of the mistake and to ask you how you wish to proceed. We will give you the option to purchase the Services at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part thereof). We will not proceed with processing your Order until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 7 days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of the same in writing.
- Prices on Our Quotes are shown inclusive of VAT. If the VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
- Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
- In order to obtain a Quote for our Services, you will need to send us the following information via https://renaissance-translations.com//get-a-quote/ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org: your name, email address, contact number, the source language, the target language, the date the Services are required by, and you will need to upload the relevant document(s) to us.
- We will not be responsible for any errors that occur as a result of your sending to us incorrect information or for any errors or omissions that were present in the original document.
- You must inform us of any specific deadlines required, or if the Services are urgent. We shall not be liable for any work submitted on an urgent basis unless we have agreed to complete the Services within a specific time-frame.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our submission of a Quote to you does not mean that We have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you an Order Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding contract between Us and you (“the Contract”).
- Quotes shall contain the following information:
- Your Order Number;
- Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- Fully itemised pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes and other additional charges;
- Any additional information relating to the Services.
- If We, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment, any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 calendar days.
- You may change your Order at any time but where you change your Order, We will confirm all agreed changes to the Services and the fees payable in writing.
- We may cancel your Order at any time before We begin providing the Services in the following circumstances:
- The required personnel and/or required materials necessary for the provision of the Services are not available; or
- An event outside of Our control continues for more than 30 days (please refer to Clause 14 for events outside of Our control).
- If We cancel your Order under sub-Clause 7.8 and We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 calendar days. If We cancel your Order, you will be informed in writing.
- Any refunds due under this Clause 7 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services unless you specifically request that We make a refund using a different method.
- We will send an invoice to you for payment. Payment for the Services will be due within 14 calendar days after the Services have been completed.
- If you make payment prior to the Services commencing, we will reduce the fee payable by 5%.
- Payment can be made by
- bank transfer (our preferred method of payment)
- online via PayPal and credit cards. Please note that card payments will have a surcharge of 3%
- by cheque in British Pounds, made payable to Renaissance Translations Ltd, can be posted to our address.
- All sums due must be paid in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction, or withholding (except where any deduction or withholding of tax is required by law).
- If you do not make any payment to Us by the due date as shown on our invoice we charge you interest on the overdue sum at the rate of 4% per annum above the base lending rate of Lloyds Bank from time to time. Interest will accrue on a daily basis from the due date for payment until the actual date of payment of the overdue sum, whether before or after judgment. You must pay any interest due when paying an overdue sum.
- The provisions of sub-Clause 8.5 will not apply if you have promptly contacted Us to dispute an invoice in good faith. No interest will be payable while such a dispute is ongoing. Once any such dispute is resolved, We will charge interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- Provision of the Services
- We will provide the Services with reasonable skill and care consistent with best practices and standards in the sector. We will begin providing the Services on the date agreed when you make your Order (which We shall confirm in the Order Confirmation).
- We will make every reasonable effort to provide the Services in a timely manner and to complete them on time. We cannot, however, be held responsible for any delays if an event outside of Our control occurs. Please refer to Clause 14 for events outside of Our control.
- If We require any information or action from you in order to provide the Services, We will inform you of this as soon as is reasonably possible.
- If the information you provide or the action you take under sub-Clause 9.3 is delayed, incomplete or otherwise incorrect, We will not be responsible for any delay caused as a result. If additional work is required from Us to correct or compensate for a problem arising as a result of delayed, incomplete or otherwise incorrect information or action that you have provided or taken, We may charge you a reasonable additional sum for that work.
- In certain circumstances, for example where there is a delay in you sending Us information or taking action required under sub-Clause 9.3, We may suspend the Services (and will inform you of that suspension by email).
- If you do not pay Us for the Services as required by Clause 8, We may suspend the Services until you have paid any and all outstanding sums due. If this happens, We will inform you by email. This does not affect Our right to charge you interest on any overdue sums under sub-Clause 8.5.
- You must inform us about any errors or omissions contained in translated work within 10 days from the date the work was delivered to you.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to remedy problems with the Services as quickly as is reasonably possible and practical.
- Subject to Clauses 9.5, 9.11 and 9.12, We will not charge you for remedying problems under this Clause 9 where the problems have been caused by Us, or any of Our agents or sub-contractors. If We determine that a problem has been caused by you, including your provision of incorrect or incomplete information or taking of incorrect action, sub-Clause 9.4 will apply and We may charge you for the remedial work.
- Where you have requested, and we have agreed to provide the Services on an urgent basis, it will not be possible to revise the text and check the translation and you will have no grounds for complaint about the quality of the translation.
- Translation is not an exact science and no two translators will translate any text in the same way as each other. Each translation will be made by a person who is a native speaker in the destination language.
- Cancelling the Services
- You may only cancel your Order up to Our sending to you an Order Confirmation and any payment made by you will be repaid within 14 days. Once we have sent to you an Order Confirmation our fees will be payable in full.
- Refunds under this Clause 10 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services unless we agree otherwise.
- Ending the Contract Because of Something We Have Done (or Will Do)
- You may end the Contract immediately at any time by giving Us written notice in the following circumstances:
- We breach the Contract in a material way and fail to remedy the breach within 5 days of you asking Us to do so in writing;
- We go into liquidation or have a receiver or administrator appointed over Our assets;
- We change these Terms to your material disadvantage;
- We are adversely affected by an event outside of Our control that continues for more than 30 days (see Clause 14).
- If you wish to cancel under this Clause 11, you may inform Us of your cancellation in any way you wish, however, we would prefer you to email us at email@example.com.
- Eligibility for refunds may vary according to the Services ordered. You will be required to pay for Services supplied up until the point at which you inform Us that you wish to cancel (please note that this may include charges for preparatory work that We have undertaken where We have reasonably incurred costs). Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, We will invoice you for the relevant sums. If you are cancelling due to Our breach under sub-Clause 11.1.1, you will not be required to make any payment to Us (unless such failure is due to an event outside of Our control or is due to your failure to comply with any of your obligations).
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be issued to you as soon as possible, and in any event within 14 calendar days of the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services unless we agree otherwise.
- You may end the Contract immediately at any time by giving Us written notice in the following circumstances:
- Our Rights to Cancel
- For cancellations before We begin providing the Services, please refer to sub-Clause 7.8.
- We may cancel the Contract after We have begun providing the Services due to an Event outside of Our control that continues for more than 30 days (as under sub-Clause 14.2.4), or due to the non-availability of required personnel and/or required materials necessary for the provision of the Services. In such cases, you will only be required to pay for Services that We have already provided up until the point at which We inform you that We are cancelling. Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, We will invoice you for the relevant sums or if you have already made any payment to Us, such sums will be refunded to you.
- Once We have begun providing the Services, We may cancel the Contract at any time and will give you at least 28 days written notice of such cancellation. You will only be required to pay for Services that you have received. Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, We will invoice you for the relevant sums.
- We may cancel immediately by giving you written notice in the following circumstances. You will only be required to pay for Services that We have already provided up until the point at which We inform you that We are cancelling. Such sums will be deducted from any refund due to you or, if no refund is due, We will invoice you for the relevant sums:
- You fail to make a payment by the due date as set out in Clause 8. This does not affect Our right to charge you interest on any overdue sums as set out in sub-Clause 8.5; or
- You breach the contract in a material way and fail to remedy the breach within 5 days of Us asking you to do so in writing.
- Refunds under this Clause 12 will be issued to you as soon as possible, and in any event within 14 calendar days of the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- Refunds under this Clause 12 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Services unless you specifically request that We make a refund using a different method.
- Our Liability
- Subject to sub-Clause 3, We will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, for any loss of business opportunity, or for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with any contract between you and Us.
- Subject to sub-Clause 3 Our total liability to you for all in the event of a dispute concerning or under these Terms (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise) is limited to an aggregate claim not exceeding £500,000.00.
- Nothing in these Terms seeks to limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any other matter in respect of which liability cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
- Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action by third parties, civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause 14 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Our obligations under these Terms (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Services as necessary;
- If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 30 days We may cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after the date on which We inform you of the cancellation;
- If an event outside of Our control occurs and continues for more than 30 days and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, you may do so in any way you wish, however, we would prefer you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing Us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and Order Number. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after the date on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- Communication and Contact Details
If you wish to contact Us for any reason, you may write, email or call us using the details set out in Clause 2.
- Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- All complaints are handled in accordance with Our complaints handling policy and procedure. Please contact us using the details in Clause 2 if you would like a copy.
- If you wish to give Us feedback about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us using the details set out in Clause 2.
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information of yours that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- We shall be entitled to perform any of the obligations undertaken by us through any other member of its group or through suitably qualified and skilled sub-contractors. Any act or omission of such other member or sub-contractor shall, for the purposes of these Terms, be deemed to be an act or omission of Ours.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that/those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms. The remainder of these Terms of Sale shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If We change these Terms at any time, We will give you at least 28 days written notice of the changes before they come into effect. If you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, please refer to sub-Clause 11.1.3.
- The copyright in all translated material, all and any material supplied by Us and all Services provided by Us belongs to Us until the price for it has been paid by you in in full.
- You shall not
- for the duration of the Contract and for a period of 12 months after the Services were completed, the Contract was terminated or cancelled, employ or contract the services of any person who is or was employed or otherwise engaged in any capacity by Us at any time in relation to these Terms; AND
- you shall not, for the duration of the Contract and for a period of 12 months after its termination or expiry, solicit or entice away from us any customer or client where any such solicitation or enticement would cause damage to the our business.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- Any disputes concerning these Terms, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.